Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Power of Creativity

I recently attended a seminar with the Marketing guru giant, Jay Abraham.

He stated that there are two things that will determine the success of any business today, "Marketing and Innovation".

This is what sets you a part from all the others. Creativity is what puts the sizzle in your marketing. It is the spark that starts the fire for your success.

I am a strong believer in the study and the understanding of how creativity works within our lives and work. What is your favorite book on creativity and why?


Steve Hart

*************************************************************************

"A Technique For Producing Ideas" by James Webb Young.

It's an easy read, makes a lot of sense, & I got it for a $1.50 at a used bookstore.

Gotta love that! I re-read it when I'm in a creative jam.


Eric Paul

Author, Speaker, Motivational Magician
"Dedicated To Bring Your Magic to the PAYING Public!!!"
http://www.MoreMoneyWithMagic.com
success@moremoneywithmagic.com

***********************************************************************


My favorite book on creativity is called "Danicng Corndogs in the Night" by Don Hahn. He's a Disney guy that produced Lion King amonst others. It's a lot of short essays about creativity.

The title refrences his experience as a kid watching the drive-in intermission messages. For me when I have a creative inspiration I always say that I "saw the dancing corndogs in the night"

Although not a book but based on one is a very neat product called the "Whack Pack" which comes from Roger Von Oech. Basically its a creativity tarot deck. The concept is that you meditate on your problem then pick a card and reflect on how the message on the card may solve your problem.

An amazingly simple but effective technique.

Make every Day a Magicial Adventure

Al

No comments: