Thursday, May 10, 2007

Knowing Your Resources

I love the story about Henry Ford. A man with very little schooling who went on to becoming the riches man of his day because he knew his resources for knowledge.

In Napoleon Hill's book, "Think and Grow Rich", in the chapter on "Specialized Knowledge" he tells how Ford brought a suit against a Chicago Newspaper for calling him 'an ignorant pacifist'. During the trial the attorneys tried to prove that Ford was an ignorant man by asking him questions to which the answers he did not know.

Finally after failing to answer correctly the questions asked, Ford turned on the attorneys and said, "If I should really want to answer the foolish questions you have just asked me, let me remind you that I have in my office on my desk a row of electric buttons, and by pushing the right button, I can summon to my aid men who can answer any question I desire to ask concerning the business to which I am devoted most of my efforts." He won the case.

It was not essential that Ford have all this knowledge in his own head but to know where to find it when ever he needed it. The same holds true for you. Know your resources and you will be able to accomplish anything.

Can you give me some examples of the resources you have created in your life and business?

Steve Hart


************************************************************************


This reminds me of a checklist created by the late Thomas Leonard, which I can't seem to put my finger on right now. It's essentially a list of "contacts" that you create, who have knowledge in every field you can possibly think of, such as,

This person knows computers
This person is a plumber
This person knows WAY too much about marketing (that would be me)

I think the idea of listing all of your contacts and cross-referencing them by knowledge can go a long way in knowing "who to call" at the time.

Tig Wallis

************************************************************************


That would be the Team 100 program. Here's a link to the file; http://www.thomasleonard.com/karla/formsCD/294team100program.pdf

There are an ENORMOUS amount of resources available on Coachville, and membership is FREE!

Scott

Scott W. Lowry
1-630-924-7545
scott@sdlowrygroup.com
http://www.sdlowrygroup.com

************************************************************************


Great Link Scott.

Wow This looks like a vaulable resource generator.
Thanks for the Link.
I have been member of Coachville.
I encourage everyone to join.

Steve Hart

No comments: